Bhagavad Gita

I feel like Arjuna when I have to clean my room because I really don’t want to, but once I do it, I realize it’s actually not that  bad. I just jam out to music and make cleaning my room fun. Once it’s clean, I love how cute and cozy it looks, and then I’m happy I cleaned it. This relates to the Bhagavad Gita because it is my duty to keep my room clean. Also because I’m doing something with initial negative thoughts that morph into positive thoughts. In ancient India the Bhagavad Gita would be very different than it is to me today. Their duty back then was probably much more important things than just cleaning their room. Some of them probably had a duty to save their town. This could have been used as a tool of oppression in ancient India because it was a way for people to justify their actions. If someone did something wrong, they could just say that it was their duty and they had to. Also, they could manipulate others into doing things by saying that it was their duty to do it and the gods wanted them to in order to have good karma.

One comment

1. pjsturtevant · September 25, 2017 at 1:31 pm ·

BRAVO!!! Congrats